Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Cookie a Day Keeps the Psychiatrist Away

YUM YUM YUM! These cookies are amazing. They blow the ginger molasses cookies out of the water. I found the recipe for Cherry & Chocolate Chip Cookies in the new Bon Appetit magazine. I loved that the cherries were soaked in cherry liquor, i thought that sounded chic. I've been in cooking land the past week preparing for my Grad school graduation BBQ. I made these cookies early in the week and froze them so they would be fresh when I wanted to serve them. I only made one batch of these cookies, and I regret it. If I could eat one of these cookies a day, I would be so very happy. The combination of cherries and chocolate is delectable. It may be difficult to believe but I actually followed this recipe almost exactly...it was tough, but there was nothing I felt needed to be omitted or added. It was perfect just how it was.

Cherry & Chocolate Chip Cookies

(from bon appetit July 2008)

1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup cherry liquor
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 cups semisweet large chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil cherry liquor, water, and dried cherries in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and let cherries soak for at least 15 minutes. Drain cherries and pat dry.
Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Use an electric mixer or a small cuisinart to beat butter and both sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and both extracts and beat to blend. Add to flour mixture and mix to blend. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto a buttered cookie sheet. Bake till browned, about 13-15 minutes.

Dive in!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Look at you! I am so impressed.
You're so gourmet. :)