Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ginger Molasses Cookies

Ginger Molasses Cookies (recipezaar)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brownsugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
white sugar

Combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix ginger, butter, and brown sugar in Cuisinart until creamy. Mix in molasses and egg. Gently fold in butter mixture into the flour mixture until combined. The dough will be very sticky. Chill dough for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into small balls and roll them briefly in white sugar. Place a small piece of crystallized ginger in the center of cookie and press flat with fork.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

That's so weird. I was just going through all my baking supplies and came across this big jar of molasses. I thought to myself "What could I make with molasses????????"
I love molasses and was in the mood to make something really molassey.

Molly Pants said...

I made these today- SO freaking awesome. I didn't have any crystalized ginger on hand- but they were delicious without! But I think I'm going to have to bring the leftovers to the kids tomorrow- because I can't stop eating them!

Molly Pants said...

I wound up undercooking them a teensy bit, and then after they cooled I sealed them in a tupperware. Danny said they're his new favorite cookie. He said he loves gingersnaps, but they're always too hard- but these were sort of soft and chewy (even the next day!)
I'll probably try the blueberry cakes next weekend!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness Molly. I love you. Your such a good wife.