Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hazelnut Crusted Trout Salad

We went to Trader Joe's today and didn't make it home till after 7:30pm. Whenever I go grocery shopping during dinner time, I never feel like coming home and cooking. It is not uncommon that Mike and I will go out to dinner after doing a huge grocery run. I'm trying to save money, so I knew I needed to use some of the groceries we had bought to make a quick dinner. This meal, literally took me less then 10 minutes to make.

Salad
Trader Joe's fresh hazelnut crusted trout
arugula
pomegranate seeds

Spray a pan with a little bit of olive oil spray. Pan fry the trout, skin side down, for a couple minutes till the trout is white and flaky. Flip trout over to briefly crisp up the nut crusted side. Put the trout on top of a bed of arugula and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
Note: If you had fresh trout, it is easy to make the hazelnut crust yourself. Just throw some hazelnuts (or any nut for that matter) into a small Cuisinart or blender to make a gritty nutty mix. Dredge the trout in the nut mix.

Dressing
2 Tbsp raw tahini
1 lemon, freshly juiced.
mix together and dress the salad.



Whoala! Dinner in 10 minutes!
Thanks Trader Joes!





No comments: